Free online learning webinars
Featuring a wide-range of industry experts across a variety of key topics, the Jobtrain HoW Talent Sessions are free online learning and insights sessions for everyone in the HR, Recruitment and Talent Acquisition communities. Register (or watch back) each session below by following the links.
How to Help your Hiring Managers Live and Breathe Your Employer Brand
Employer Brand and your Employer Value Proposition (EVP) is one of the determining elements in the successful recruitment and retention of talent for an organisation. Join our webinar to learn how to get your Hiring Managers onboard and working in partnership with you:
- The key role Hiring Managers have in delivering a consistent and engaging experience for candidates
- The best way to explain the importance of EVP & Employer Brand
- How to ensure your Hiring Managers communicate your EVP and Employer Brand in the recruitment process
- How Hiring Managers can amplify your organisation’s profile and attract new talent.
We are delighted to deliver this session in partnership with Paul Ainley from Chatter Communications, an award-winning Employer Brand agency.
Join us on Wednesday 20th January at 11.00am.
Watch back any of our previous webinars below:
Onboarding and Pre-employment Screening in a Remote World
With many of us now working from home, successfully managing pre-employment screening and onboarding in a remote world is critical.
Join us alongside our guest expert, Lee Hughes from global identity data intelligence specialists, GBG, where we will discuss:
- Pre-employment checks: what's available and which checks you may want to consider using
- Remote onboarding and referencing: tips on how to manage this virtually whilst ensuring compliance
- How Identity verification rules have changed and are evolving as a result of COVID-19
5 Steps To Buying The Right Recruitment Tech
Creed Comms' recruitment marketing expert, Dave Walstow, joins us with his top tips and advice on buying the right recruitment tech for your business.
Join us to find out:
- How to source potential suppliers
- Getting the most from tech evaluation and product demos
- How to identify the right supplier for your organisation
- Asking the right questions to buy with confidence - the devil’s in the detail
- Our top tips for negotiating the best deal
Safe Spaces: Creating A Culture Of Psychological Safety For Your Teams
Join us to understand how you can unlock team and organisational performance by increasing levels of psychological safety in your culture and how this can be achieved, even when working remotely.
We'll be joined by Kate Hargreaves, Founder and Managing Director of Mosaic Partners, a specialist People and Organisational Development Agency.
- Psychological safety - what it is, and what it isn’t
- Provide a self-assessment to rate your team’s levels of psychological safety
- Generate ideas and good thinking about the ways psychological safety can be increased, with examples.
How to buy a HR System
We will be joined by Emma Perris and Louise Johnston from expert HR system selection consultants, Phase 3.
We'll help you answer those important questions:
- Do I need to change my HR system or stick with it?
- There’s so much choice. How should I start my search for a new vendor?
- What are the risks and costs?
- How to prepare the business case for a new system
- Preparing your selection process requirements, demos and shortlist
- The common mistakes in selection and implementation and how to avoid them
How to transform your hiring using video
Stephen O'Donnell is the founder of the National Online Recruitment Awards and works with recruitment technology start-ups (including VideoMyJob). He has hosted over 300 online webinars and coaches companies on their video strategies.
With Stephen's expertise, in this webinar we'll talk about how to transform your hiring using video
- How and why the use of video has been catapulted in 2020
- Bringing workplace stories and job adverts to life with video
- Using video to enhance communication with candidates and colleagues via email and messaging
- Conducting video interviews with confidence
- Understanding the right tools and tech you need to produce professional videos
Talent Acquisition and Recruitment for 2021 and beyond
Join our webinar and learn how to transform your function from cost centre to strategic profit centre.
We'll be joined by Ben Gledhill, Head of Resourcing Transformation at Thames Water. Ben brings along his wealth of knowledge and expertise working in Talent Acquisition with many major organisations including Yodel and currently Thames Water.
- Where is Talent Acquisition and Recruitment at the moment?
- The Technology tipping point; is it finally time for automation?
- The financial challenges facing TA
- The yellow brick road to profit centre?
- What is the future of TA/Recruitment?
Talent referral programs reimagined
In partnership with Creed Comms
Alongside Creed Comms' recruitment marketing expert, Dave Walstow, we'll cover:
- The value of referrals as a keystone in talent acquisition strategy
- Understanding what your employees want from a referral program
- How to market, launch and deliver your referral scheme to achieve maximum engagement and results
- Using tech to deliver a new approach to drive engagement, referrals, measurement and rewarding your employees for more than just hires
Creating Talent Tribes and Communities. Time to build for the future?
Special guest, Maureen Brown, Founder and MD of Sullivan Brown Resourcing Partners joins us for another session to offer her expert advice.
Join us where we'll discuss:
- The opportunities for Talent Acquisition - why now is the time to grab them!
- Beyond the noise - looking to the long term
- Creating your Talent Tribe to build success
Why your careers site and ATS need to play nicely
In partnership with Creed Comms
On this session, we're joined by recruitment marketing expert, Dave Walstow from Creed Comms, the creative, digital and media communications agency.
We'll show you how to achieve:
- Consistency of brand
- Creating a seamless candidate journey from careers site to ATS
- The challenge of job adverts vs. descriptions
- Tracking activity and conversions
- How to make job searching and display consistent
Candidate and Recruiter Experiences
Changing roles, expectations and recruitment in a ‘new normal’
Special guest, Maureen Brown, Founder and MD of Sullivan Brown Resourcing Partners brings along her expertise to this session.
Join us where we'll discuss:
- Candidate behaviour and expectations – their changing psychological needs
- The recruiter experience and role in the ‘next normal’
- The shifting job market and its future outlook
Candidate engagement for 2020 and beyond
Join us where we'll explore 4 key areas of recruitment and how technology can help boost your Connection and Engagement.
- Job adverts for 2020 and beyond
- Reaching an audience using people power
- Inspire, inform and engage your future hires
- Exploring the black hole of pre and onboarding
How to swear by your ATS and not at it!
Join us where we'll share how technology fits into a Talent Acquisition strategy and realising its full potential.
We'll also include how to:
- Measure the true RoI of recruitment technology
- Buy the right ATS platform with confidence
- Set yourself up for success, align with stakeholders and build true partnerships with providers
- Demystify development, roadmaps and integrations
Delivering a values-based hiring experience
Birmingham Hippodrome is the UK’s most popular single auditorium theatre welcoming, on average, over 500,000 visitors every year.
In this session, we’ll explore how, with Jobtrain, Birmingham Hippodrome deliver a talent acquisition platform that reflects their values in their hiring experience and:
- Transforms the candidate experience
- Sets the stage for hiring managers
- Places the spotlight on insight with meaningful reporting
A spring clean for your recruitment technology
In this period of ‘business as unusual’, there’s never been a better opportunity to review the tech you have and make sure it’s perfectly set-up and performing for when we do return to business as usual.
We will explore:
Are there gaps in your knowledge or opportunities for taking advantage of underused features functionality or introducing additional automation?
Are you aware of all the latest enhancements and how you could use them?
Have your processes changed and does the ATS support those changes?
Spring clean, review the scope and set-up of your ATS with your provider
Special guest, Nathan Colman, will join Giles from Jobtrain on this session. Nathan has led recruitment for some of the UK’s leading providers of education. His passion for candidate experience and recruitment transformation has been a key focus throughout his career.
Training and upskilling - mastering your technology
Now is a great opportunity to gain a really deep understanding of the tech you have and ensure you’re getting the most from it. Where should you start and what should you be looking out for?
Special guest, Holly Hall, Implementation Success Manager at Jobtrain, will join Giles in this session. Holly previously worked for our client, ODEON Cinemas, where she implemented, rolled out and trained Jobtrain to the entire organisation (to Hiring Managers too!).
Delivering a killer candidate experience
In this period of ‘business as unusual’, now is a great time to review your end-to-end candidate journey.
Joining us will be special guest Dave Walstow, recruitment marketing expert and Client Services Director at Creed Comms.
We will discuss:
- Back to basics with your candidate experience – putting it all in place!
- Preparation for the post Covid-19 world
- Build your brand experience and reach through referrals
Reporting and insights - if you can measure it, you can improve it
How accurate and relevant is the data in your ATS? Are your reports a true reflection of your key KPI measurements?
Joining us on this webinar is EMEA Talent Manager for Cielo Talent, Alex Jordan. He's previously been involved in a range of client side, in-house and agency recruitment roles (for longer than he might care to acknowledge!)
Alongside Jobtrain's Giles, Heckstall-Smith, they will discuss:
- What you are currently measuring and what else you could be measuring
- Efficiency (time and cost) is key to a successful talent function – so are you measuring the right things?
- “The purpose of education is not knowledge, it is action” (Herbert Spencer) – so what are you actually doing with your information to make improvements?
The importance of engagement – people power and employee advocacy
Reaching and building your brand and engagement levels with the groups of talent you might want to hire in the future is critical.
Josh Willows, Head of Corporate Sales at Broadbean and the EMEA Lead for Social Referral, brings along his expertise to this webinar.
Join us and we will discuss:
- How to harness your biggest recruitment marketing asset – your people!
- Making content sharing easy and creating brand ambassadors
- Reaching a wide and diverse group of talent using your employees’ social networks
- How to reward for more than just hires
Advertising on a budget - amplifying your message
We're delighted to be joined on this webinar by programmatic expert, Thomas Prince, Co-founder at Talent Nexus.
In this session, we will show you how to amplify your message to candidates through advertising, as well as:
- Showing you the best ways to advertise job vacancies that engage and stand out from the crowd
- Free sources and job board aggregators
- Social sharing and how to harness the power of your employees to reach wide and diverse networks of potential hires
- Measuring success based on quality
Diversity and Inclusion
In this webinar, we'll help you ensure your recruitment process is accessible for all.
We're pleased to be joined by Recite Me accessibility expert, Martin Robertson, on this session. Martin has been helping organisations make their online sites and platforms more inclusive for the last 4 years. If you want to know the difference between online accessibility and online inclusion, he can tell you.
Giles and Martin will discuss:
- The differences between accessibility and inclusion
- Demystifying and explaining WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and AA compliance
- Learning and understanding your audience and the options you should make available for diverse groups (e.g. personalisation, colours, fonts and languages)
- Setting up your ATS to deliver an inclusive candidate experience
Onboarding and Pre-boarding
Join Giles and Clare from Jobtrain to learn more on:The 4 Cs of Onboarding:
The evolution of online onboarding
How to create transparency in a virtual world
Tips to measure and improve your process, quality and speed for new hires.